Wednesday, January 5, 2011

mission:romania

i have briefly mentioned a few times that i will be traveling to germany, romania, and france this coming may. i am currently trying to raise $3000 for the trip and i have no doubt that God will provide, but it is coming along a bit slowly so i thought i would share with you the letter that i sent out to my close family and friends. please, if you feel as thought you would like to donate please let me know and i will send you all of the information necessary. thank you for taking the time to read this!

***

Dear Friends and Family,
                                                                                          
            Hi! I am writing to tell you about a great opportunity that I have been presented with here at Georgia Southern. Speaking of school, can you believe that I am graduating in May? College has been an amazing experience and I am well on my way to becoming a teacher. I have done well in my classes, made some great friends, and now serve as the vice-president of Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship.
This coming summer I have the opportunity to travel to Romania on a mission trip. During our stay we will be working in an orphanage, as well as a children’s cancer center, sharing the Gospel and Jesus’ message of love and salvation. (Check out http://www.touchedromania.org/ for more info about the organization with whom we will be working.)
This is where you can help. Along with the rest of our mission team, I am ready to go and share the love of Jesus Christ with the people of Romania. I am asking for your prayers…Prayers for our safety and also for a welcoming and open reception to our message. As you might imagine, the investment in such an undertaking is quite large. If you are willing and able, any financial contributions will be greatly appreciated. The cost for this trip will be around $2950 per person. Perhaps you would like to support me for one day ($197) or even one hour ($8). Any amount is GREATLY appreciated. If you would like to support us financially, please fill out the voucher and send your tax-deductible gift and the voucher in the envelope I have provided by April 15. Any and all gifts will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much for your prayers and gifts!

Love,
Jenna

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."   -Matthew 28:18-20


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY